Full Site Search

Welcome to the Caravan on Tour forum!
Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hi all! A newjoiner from Kazakhstan

• alexabda
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #830 by alexabda
Hi all! A newjoiner from Kazakhstan was created by alexabda
Hi,
My name is Alexander, 33, Kazakhstan. Married, have a son.
I have been planning to immigrate to Australia under visa 189/NSW SNV190, hope to be there by 2016.
Not really a liker of vans and camps and the rest (except occassional hiking, fishing and BBQs), but need to solve the problem with housing and am now looking at vans and campsites as one of the viable options available to us.
I will appreciate any information and advice.
Tons of thanks

My life... My rules...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #840 by cruiser1980
Replied by cruiser1980 on topic Hi all! A newjoiner from Kazakhstan
Great question, because Australia is the 6th biggest country in world when we’re talking about land size, and two weeks is not a lot of time. If you’re a first time visitor you really need to put in some thought.

More
8 years 8 months ago #841 by cruiser1980
First of all, lets talk about some facts about Australia to put into perspective how you need to go about planning your trip with just two weeks at your disposal.

Many travelers disregard the actual size of Australia and it’s landscape until they arrive, and end up regretting the choices they made in the planning stage.

I once had a British guy complain to me that he took a bus from Perth to Sydney and that it wasted several days of his trip and all he saw was desert. A little planning, and common knowledge, would tell you this!

More
8 years 8 months ago #842 by cruiser1980
So, considering Australia is so vast, the problem becomes how to visit Australia in a short amount of time, and where do you visit?

More
8 years 8 months ago #843 by cruiser1980
Because Australia is fairly isolated from most of the world requiring a long flight, for many people it becomes a once-in-a-lifetime trip.

More
8 years 8 months ago #844 by cruiser1980
he following suggestions are for a two – three week period, and they take in the types of vacations mentioned above, or a combination of them.

They are merely ideas to be used as a guide and further planning and research is encouraged.

Of course your mode of transport and the distance you travel within Australia will affect how much time you have available in each place or region.

You could visit:

Melbourne and Tasmania
Sydney, Melbourne, and Alice Springs / Uluru
Brisbane, Gold Coast, and Byron Bay
Brisbane, Fraser Island, and Cairns
Perth, Broome, and Margaret River
Sydney, Adelaide, Alice Springs / Uluru
Darwin, Alice Springs / Uluru, Cairns
Brisbane, Cairns, Alice Springs / Uluru
Sydney, Blue Mountains, Hunter Valley
Adelaide, Barossa Valley, Alice Springs
Melbourne and the Great Ocean Road
Broome and the Gibb River Road
Sydney and the Pacific Highway to Brisbane
Of course these aren’t the only combinations, and to be perfectly honest I could easily spend the whole two weeks in Sydney and Melbourne and still run out of time to do things there!

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds